Step 6.3 Implement the NSDS action plans
Implementing the NSDS action plans requires a shared commitment among all stakeholders to deliver the outputs toward achieving the strategic outcomes. Institutionalized mechanisms for governance (governance structure ), coordination, strategic and technical guidance, and facilitation of the NSS are essential to ensure effective and efficient delivery of results by the NSO and ministries/agencies.
- Engage directly with ministries/agencies on the implementation of statistical development plans, bilaterally, sector-wise, subject-matter-wise, or through development clusters.
- Coordinate and facilitate preparation of annual agency statistical work plans based on the NSDS implementation plan and with specific targets, costing, and identified responsibility centers.
- Advocate for or ensure integration of the agency statistical work plans and outputs in the agencies overall work plan.
- Facilitate engagement between implementing ministries/agencies and the private sector, civil society, academic and research community, and development partners on implementation/partnership on specific statistical development activities
- Establish an appropriate governance structure for the NSS and appropriate inter-agency mechanisms to guide and coordinate the implementation of system-wide, sectoral, and subject-matter action plans toward delivery of outputs and outcomes;
- Organize or convene the highest statistical body for policy guidance on major implementation issues in the NSO and ministries/agencies;
- Organize or convene any sectoral and subject-matter interagency groups for guidance on technical issues on shared or related outputs;